Thursday, May 21, 2009

House Cleaning

Where do I begin this rant? Why is this so drudgerous? UGH!!!

Charles and I were chatting with some couples, and one of the ladies had a house cleaner. I politely looked over and asked Charles why don't we have a house cleaner and he looked at me and said, 'duh, that would be you!'

Another occasion, the guys were talking about playing poker at one of their single friends house and they were talking about how nice and neat this guys house was. Said he had a house keeper. We all concluded that if our husbands were single, they would need a maid as well. I actually chimed in and said Charles needs one now...

So, there it is, I am the stay at home mom. That makes cleaning this abode my job. And what a lovely job it is....

Now, not all of the jobs are 'royal pains in the patoot'. Some I don't mind at all and some are right there with getting a bikini wax... I'll give them in order of lovin' to hatin':

Laundry: I do like doing laundry. For some reason, this is good for me. I like gathering the mess, organizing the mess, putting it in the washer, moving on to dryer and folding and putting away. I am very organized with my laundry. ONLY I, can do laundry. I do it my way. It is my way or the highway!!! Do not come be-bopping in with a load and then forget to move it over to the dryer and then it sits in there until I come along and have to shuffle it along!!! UGH!!!! It is an easy done. Once it is folded and hung up and dragged away, my laundry room is clean and I am rejoiceful.

Kitchen Clean-up: Don't mind doing this either. Everything has a place, and Man created that dishwasher for a reason. I load that puppy up every single day and run it, every single day!!! If I am entertaining, it may run 2 or 3 times that day. I guess I feel like the kitchen is my domain so I don't mind cleaning it up.

Floors: Now we are slowly getting into the not so friendly chores. I despise washing the kitchen floors, or my hardwood in the foyer or dining room. This is so blah! It is this gross semi soapy Mr. clean water that you swab back and forth and voila, it looks better than it did, but I have never, and I repeat never said.... 'Wow that floor is so clean I could eat off of it!'

Toilets: Moving even more down in the food chain here... What is with the texaco station black funk that appears in the toilet? I don't get it, is that bacteria, left over pee and poo, just dirt, it's gross and I can't seem to get a procedure that I like here. I've tried the scrubbers on the handle that you leave in the canister thing behind the toilet. Then I tried the disposable pads that have the cleaner built in, then I've tried the foam you just spray in every 3 or 4 days and you don't have to scrub at all.... It's all gross!!!! Really would love to keep those bleach tablets hanging in the bowls, but since my cat drinks out of the there, I don't really want to fry her brain and have a mentally retarded cat...

Dusting: This is my least favorite of all. Because it is a never ending job! Dust had to have been the reason for the fall of the roman empire. It is freakin' everywhere. And oh gosh, don't let the sun filter through a window and you just look up in the air and it is everywhere.... I start on one side of my living room and by the time I make it around the first part is dusty again... I can't take it... I'm stressing out just typing this. (no not really, I am very laid back, that is why my house is so dusty)

Well, there are tons more topics I could write paragraphs on like vacuuming, washing windows, and just plain picking up, but there must be a limit as to how long your blog can be and I am sure I lost many readers way up there after the pee and poo comment in the toilet section, so I will log off for now. I need to go dust anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment