Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter

The older I get the more this Holiday really grows on me! Maybe because the older I get the more spiritual I become. Maybe it is because, I finally found a good allergy medicine and I am not miserable February thru May! Maybe I secretly desire a rabbit! Or maybe I just have to fess up and admit I love Cadburry Eggs and Reese's peanut butter EGGS!

For whatever reason, it is here! This fabulous Revelation started last Sunday, Palm Sunday. I love getting a fresh new Palm for my house. I also enjoyed a thing we did at church where we passed this large wooden cross over our heads, then it was carried up to the front and my husband pounded in the nails, draped it with a cloth and put a crown of thorns up on top. It was truly moving and I cried. (Doesn't take much for me to cry, but this was truly moving!) Then Natalie and I made Easter Cookies in the afternoon.

This week we will continue with church, we have a Maundy Thursday meal and last supper re-enactment. A Service will be Friday evening and the culmination will be on Sunday! I am so looking forward to it, that we will go to both services, our normal contemporary and the traditional later. The second service is unusual for us, but Natalie will officially join the church and participate in a first communion! My parents will come and we will have a fabulous lunch at home!

In writing this, I just came to the conclusion of why I like Easter so much....

I love the rebirth of it all! It is Christ resurrected! It is a spring! It is new flowers! It is a new year! Things that were dormant all winter are blossoming! It's another chance at everything!

Well enough about the sappy stuff. I need to get back to my sarcasm and rants. Those come easier....

No comments:

Post a Comment