Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cruise #13

Lucky Number 13. Yes this cruise that we just booked will be my number 13 and I can't wait. I am as giddy as I was for number 1. Cruises are fantastic for so many different reasons that I love planning them and then going. Yahoo! I should work for the cruise industry because I am such a big cheerleader for them. Some of the highlights:

Cabin Steward:
This is the biggest excitement that I can share. You have this cabin steward that cleans up your cabin. Granted you have a cabin the size of my closet here at home, however, it is always clean. Make a big mess in the bathroom, no prob! Threw your wet towels in the floor, no prob! Need more ice in your ice bucket, no prob! Bed made, floor vacuumed, counter top cleaned off. HEAVEN!!!

Drink of the Day:
Where else do you go that invites you for a drink of the day? Wal-mart, work, the dry cleaners? No, it's a cruise ship. It is a tasty little concoction of either a rum punch or spin on an old classic like a screwdriver. Usually in a 'fru fru' glass, but doesn't have to be. Cute little name, like the Yellow Bird. Also, what a no brainer. Let's see what will I have today, oh yeah, the 'drink of the day'.

All you can Eat Ice Cream Machine:
Now this is my husbands and daughters equivalent to the drink of the day. I personally could care less, however they thoroughly enjoy this feature. The fact that it is practically 24/7 is great also.

Formal Dining:
Love this feature. We usually go with our friends Barbara, Greg and Allie. Sometimes my parents will go along and sometimes we bring other couples. Sometimes Barbara and I will bring 21 other women. Whoever goes and no matter how many. We ALL come together for formal dining in the dining room. We are freshened up, new outfit, feeling like a million dollars. You get to order anything you want off the menu and as much as you want. Want two appetizers, fabulous, want two soups, go for it! Don't like what you selected as the main entree and are peering enviously at your spouses steak, go for it. Tell your waiter, it is there in minutes. The food is great! Is it gourmet, maybe, is it 5 Star Michelin Worthy, well maybe not, but keep in mind this kitchen just fed 2,000 to 4,500 people. The food is pretty tasty and you didn't have to cook not one bit of it!!!

Price Worthy:
People often think of cruises as very expensive. Not So! You can make it as economical or as pricey as you would like. You can choose an interior room with no window. You can choose a suite with an extra large balcony. You can choose Carnival or your can choose Silversea. All of my cruises have been with the more economical lines, Carnival or Royal Caribbean. We choose a room with a window. The price includes room, food and entertainment.

Each to his Own:
This is the best feature of them all. Each person can do whatever they want. Want to lay in the sun? Want to go play bingo? Want to lie in the shade with a book? Want to sit in your cabin and watch a movie? Whatever? Everyone can enjoy their own pace and their own speed. You know you will be coming together at the formal dining.

So, hope you enjoyed my thoughts. If this sounds like fun, you can always join me and Barbara as we set sail with our families in June. Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment